This program enables undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in the sciences to conduct interdisciplinary research at Yale for a 10-week period during the summer. Our program focuses on research at the intersection of biology, physics, and engineering and serves as a glimpse of what graduate school at a large research institution is like.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- You must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) program.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- A 600-1200 word statement citing your career aspirations, your current research interests and what you hope to gain from participating in this summer program is required. Additionally, please describe any relevant research experience(s) and list 3-4 faculty members with whom you would be most interested in conducting your summer research and why.
- Transcripts from your college/university must be uploaded in support of your application.
- All materials in support of your application must be uploaded to the application.
- You must provide proof of health insurance.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section for Sackler/NSF Research (REU) Students for more information.
The 2018 Sackler/NSF Research (REU) Application is now available.