The Winter Ball Basics
We are pleased to invite all Yale graduate and professional students, postdocs, and their partners and guests to the 17th Annual Winter Ball for a Masquerade-themed night full of desserts, dancing, and fun! It's one of the biggest and best Grad Social nights of the year!
17th Annual McDougal Grad Winter Ball
February 25, 2017, 8:00pm - 1:00am
Tickets On Sale Online Feb 3-23. No sales at door
GRAND BALLROOM, OMNI NEW HAVEN HOTEL @ YALE, 155 Temple Street
Doors open at 8:00pm
Desserts will be served from 9:00-10:30pm.
Music and Dancing - DJ from 9:00pm-12:45am.
Ticket sales online Feb. 3-23 only
Buy your Tickets online only, credit or debit card. All sales final, no refunds or exchanges. Ticketholders may transfer a purchased ticket to the name of another G&P student or 21+ guest using your own Eventbrite account.
$22 + service fee - Early bird tickets - February 3 to February 15 at 11:59pm, 2017
$27 + service fee - Regular ticket - February 15 to February 23 at 11:59pm, 2017, or until they sell out beforehand. Tickets are limited!
- Ticket sales end on Thursday, February 23 at 11:59pm. NO tickets will be sold on-site or at the door.
All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges.
*To be admitted to the Winter Ball, all ticketholders must be 21 or older with valid government photo ID showing proof of age. You must present actual physical IDs only (not photos on your phone) to security.
2017 Charity Fundraiser for IRIS-CT
In 2017, McDougal Student Life Fellows decided to add $1 to the Ball ticket price, with the $1 to be donated to Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services (IRIS) of CT, a refugee resettlement non-profit agency, located right in East Rock on Nicoll Street. See their website for information in donating your time, talents and household goods to support their work with refugees in our area.
2017 Ball-goers had fun while doing good, as $488 was donated to IRIS-CT in 2017.
What's included in your Ticket
Your Winter Ball ticket includes
- A fabulous dessert reception
- DJ and dancing
- Photo area
- Cash bars on site - no alcoholic drinks are included in the ticket price (see Cash Bar section below). Free chilled water all night. Outside alcohol is not permitted in the Omni Ballroom.
- You must print your ticket and present it for admission. No one will be admitted without a ticket and a 21+ Photo ID.
We have arranged special downtown New Haven restaurant deals if you'd like to go to dinner before the Winter Ball (deals only apply for that night!). To see the list of restaurant discounts, click here! Make your reservations early and specify that you want to take advantage of the discount when talking to your server (show them the discount page on your phone if needed).
Dress to Impress at the Masquerade
Dressy, cocktail, or evening attire is suggested, and national dress and/or military uniforms are also welcome!
- You do NOT have to rent a tux or wear a gown, but if you've got it, flaunt it!
- With a masquerade theme, we highly encourage you to add a mask to your attire. Buy a mask or make your own!
- For some masquerade ideas, click here. Basic, plastic masks will also be provided at the check-in table (while supplies last).
- Follow McDougal's board Annual McDougal Winter Ball: Mask-Making Inspiration on Pinterest.
Please bring cash for the cash bar- actual US BILLS.
$5-6 Specialty Ball Cocktails available @ Cash Bars all night
Full cash bars with beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks on sale
Free ice water will be available all night (keep hydrated!)
- An ATM is located downstairs in the Omni Lobby
- Important: It is the Omni's policy to purchase drink tickets from the cashier instead of purchasing directly from the bartender. Please visit the cashiers first; they are stationed next to the bar.
Our DJ will get us dancing later into the night! The tunes will be modern dance music – while this is the Winter Ball, ballroom dancing skills are not required!
We know it's a cold winter – a coat check is available on-site on the same floor as the Grand Ballroom. Or you can leave your coat in the trunk of your car if parking in the Omni Hotel Garage.