The McDougal Graduate Student Center provides program and meeting space for graduate student groups, program offices of the McDougal Center, Graduate School offices, and other groups serving graduate students. Note that the McDougal Common room cannot be reserved for events.
To reserve a room in the McDougal Center, please use this request form.
HGS 119A&B: Program Room
- Capacity: 100 people lecture, 200 people reception; divisible into 2 equal sections (A/B) with descending wall
- Technology resources: projector and screen, laptop connection, basic cable television, VCR, DVD player, document projector, lapel microphone and podium mike
- Other resources: whiteboard, 100 chairs, 14 tables
HGS B48-50: Small Meeting Room
- Capacity: 30 people
- Resources: whiteboard, 30 chairs, several tables
HGS B71: Music Practice Room
The McDougal music practice room contains a regularly tuned upright piano, as well as stands and chairs suitable for small chamber and choral groups.
- The music room is generally available to graduate students on a first come, first served basis by checking out the key from the student staff in room 124 HGS. You must leave your Yale ID.
- The room may be reserved occasionally by graduate student music groups, but it’s not designed for regular practice by music school students or for undergraduates.
- The music room is not available for use in the summer and during term break periods due to lack of staffing during those times.
Music room Hours Sept- May (academic breaks and recess periods apply):
Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm-5:45pm