Sports and recreation are a great way to stay fit, work off stress, meet new people, and even learn new things.
College football was invented here at Yale, so make this Yale tradition part of your graduate student experience. You can watch a game at the historic Yale Bowl for free.
- Yale Payne Whitney Gym provides free year-round gym membership for full-time students, others may join for a fee.
- Yale Sports and Recreation offers free and affordable fitness and dance classes, club, intramural (IM), and pickup graduate sports.
- Graduate-Professional Student Intramural (IM) sports include soccer, softball, volleyball, basketball, and ultimate frisbee. IMs are a great way to enjoy or learn a sport and bond with students and spouses/partners in your department or group competition. Team signups each season through the Sports and Recreation dept.
- Yale Athletics Varsity Intercollegiate Sports offers free student tickets to home games with Yale Student ID, discount student guest tickets, and free tickets for children.
- Student Tailgate Village is a special student party area at the Yale Bowl that provides free refreshments, limited free beer (21+), and entertainment before every home football game for students and their guests.
- Free Yale shuttle buses are available both to and from the Yale Bowl area for all home football games.
- Yale Westville Athletics Fields and other facilities include the Yale Bowl (football), baseball, softball, rugby, lacrosse, soccer, and intramural fields, Tennis Center, Golf Course. The Yale Boathouse (Crew) and Sailing Center are located in nearby towns and served by Yale Athletics shuttles as needed.
- Yale Sports Fight songs include Yale's own Cole Porter perfected the school fight song with his famous Bulldog. Listen and watch here!