- Transportation Options at Yale include walking, biking, and the Yale shuttle.
- Bike New Haven lists routes and services, bike racks on Yale shuttle and city buses.
- Free Yale Shuttles are available day, night, and on weekends. See route maps and service boundaries online.
- On-campus student parking in Yale garages and lots costs $75-$100/month in Central/Science & Medical Areas; apply online in July.
- Airport Transportation lists options to/from regional airports in CT, NY & NJ.
- Parkmobile App allows you to pay via your smarphone for metered parking in downtown New Haven, including near Yale buildings; most meters also accept credit cards.
IMPORTANT EMERGENCY NUMBERS (Save these in your phone)
- Emergencies (Yale and New Haven): 911
- Yale Police: 203-432-4400
- Security: 203-785-5555 (including building lockouts)
Safety, Security & Emergency Preparedness
- Yale Public Safety and Security Programs provides information, programs, tips for keeping you, your residence, and your property safe and secure.
- Yale Night Shuttle and Safe-Ride program offer night shuttle service and a night-time SafeRide program, door to door service within specified areas on campus and next to campus.
- Walking Security Escorts will walk you home or to campus. Call 203-432-WALK.
Personal Property Insurance lists affordable insurance options for your bike, electronics, and valuables on and off campus.
- Yale Emergency Preparedness shows you how to prepare for and stay informed during an emergency, be it weather-related, security, or work-related.
- Yale Alert Emergency Notification system allows you to receive voice, text and/or email alerts of any campus emergency situations. Update your profile online.
- Yale Environmental Health and Safety