The Graduate School & broader University also provides opportunities to graduate students for research and travel funding and support and for experiential programs to develop skills for varied careers. The following are links to additional funding and professional development programs for graduate students offered by other offices at Yale.
- Conference Travel grants page for conference participation funding for GSAS students
- GSAS Fellowships page for GSAS & Other specialized fellowships
Additional Yale Professional Development Opportunities and Funding
- Beinecke Library Pre-Prospectus and Summer Research Fellowships
- Center for British Art Assistantships and Funding
- Yale University Art Gallery Assistantships
Experiential & Professional Development Opportunities at Yale
- Graduate Affiliate (GA) Program with the Residential Colleges provides a small number of graduate & professional students opportunities to mentor undergraduates and provide programming in a specific Yale residential college. Annual application and re-application, usually in April.
- ISPS Graduate Policy Fellowships & ISPS Directors Fellowships allow graduate students working on public policy issues to learn skills like blogging and public communications, while working on policy issues. Apply in April.
- Kerry Fellows - Led by former Secretary of State John Kerry ’66, the Kerry Initiative is an interdisciplinary program at Yale focusing on pressing global challenges through teaching, research, convenings, and international dialogue. Graduate and undergraduate Kerry Fellows work with Secretary Kerry and his team on key projects for the Initiative, including conducting research, assisting with conferences on international topics, and helping write journal publications and social media content.
- McDougal Graduate Fellows programs in Career Services (OCS), Development and Diversity (OGSDD), Graduate Student Life (GSL), Teaching (CTL Grad Teaching), and Writing CTL Grad Writing Lab - These 5 offices appoint over 50 Graduate School Student Fellows positions a year to work 5-8 hours a week creating and delivering services to their fellow graduate students in the various McDougal-supported offices. Apply in March.
- Yale Presidents Public Service Fellowship - Summer (PPSF) - paid summer to do work in New Haven with city agency or local non-profit. Apply in January.
- World Fellows Programs - Each fall, Yale brings 18 exceptional mid-career global leaders to campus. Graduate students are invited each April to apply to be Associate World Fellows or World Fellows Liaisons to work with the World Fellows the following fall.
- TSAI CITY - Yale Innovation & Idea Incubator - Summer Institute, Funding for groups and ideas, and more opportunities related to innovation and enterpreneurship
- CTL Certificate of College Teaching Preparation (CCTP) can help you prepare for teaching careers and can document your skills for prospective employers. For Graduate & Prof. Students and for Postdocs.
- CLS Certificate in Second Language Acquisition (SLA) provides Yale graduate students in departments of language and literature with a comprehensive training program in second language acquisition and language teaching methodology to prepare for careers in language teaching and related fields
Leadership & Organizational Skills Development - 50+ Graduate student organizations for you to get involved - develop and demonstrate your leadership, teamwork and project management skills, and have fun and meet people.