The Graduate School's Programs and Policies (P&P) book is your primary reference guide for all the policies and regulations in force at the Graduate School.
Programs & Policies includes information about:
- Degree requirements, which apply to all degree-seeking students, including those petitioning for degrees
- Registration, including registration in absentia
- Program-specific information, including faculty rosters, courses, teaching and language requirements, dissertation expectations, and more
- A calendar of academic dates and deadlines
- Graduate School-wide dissertation requirements
- Leaves of absence
- Withdrawal and readmission
- Parental support and relief
- Financing graduate school, including financial aid and fellowships, and policies on external fellowships and combined awards
- An overview of the Graduate School's offices and resources
- Information on non-degree granting programs, councils, and research institutes
- Personal conduct and grievance procedures
- Yale University Policy Statements
Your department may have additional resources or student handbooks to help guide you successfully through your specific program.
If you have questions about any of the information in Programs & Policies, please contact us at GSASadministrativedean@yale.edu.