Please visit the Yale Commencement site for current information on 2020 virtual activities and updates for May 2020
Reminder - December 2019 and May 2020 graduates should submit or update a diploma mailing address valid after June 1 by visiting the Student Information Systems website. Diplomas will be mailed to all graduates by the University Registrar’s Diploma office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After Graduation - Yale Email, IT, Library, and Health Care
As you transition to the next phase of your life, the services that Yale has provided will gradually come to an end.
Here's the schedule:
- Yale Library privileges are extended for three months following graduation in May - see Library information details. Once your student library privileges expire, you may purchase Alumni library privileges for yourself and/or your spouse.
- yale.edu email & IT services - see the IT at Yale page for graduating students for information on email, CAS login, NetID, VPN access and other IT services. If you are receiving your final Yale degree, your Yale student email address “email@example.com” is extended to the first week in June of the year following your graduation in May. Contact Yale ITS Help Desk for more information.
- Alumni YaleMail - You are welcome sign up for a free lifetime @aya.yale.edu forwarding account, referred to as YaleMail, hosted by Google. To request an account, log in to your profile in the Online Alumni Directory, scroll down and click the YaleMail tab. Your Google activation link will be sent to the email address you provide.
- Yale Health - If you are graduating in May and are enrolled in Yale Health at the time of University Commencement, your coverage will continue until July 31. If you are completing your degree or leaving the University at another time of year, please contact Yale Health Member Services to determine when your coverage ends. See the Yale Health Student Handbook for more information.
Join the Yale Alumni Community
Once you have earned a degree from Yale, we hope you will become involved in Yale’s active alumni community. The Yale Alumni Association (YAA) and the Graduate School Alumni Association (GSAA) sponsor many opportunities for alumni to remain connected to the University through learning and service, including a career network, alumni groups throughout the world, social and cultural events, and occasions to volunteer and provide leadership. And in addition:
- Yale Alumni Magazine - All GSAS alumni are eligible for a free lifetime subscription to this outstanding publication.
- Online Alumni Directory - For news and other alumni communications from YAA and GSAS, remember to update your directory listing whenever you move.
- Yale Career Network - This database is comprised of Yale graduates from all schools who are interested in networking and assisting you with your career.
Archive: Commencement 2019
- Photos galleries, videos & news stories
- Convocation Program (PDF)
- Diploma Ceremony Program (PDF) - list all 2018-2019 degrees awarded
- Convocation Photos - student awards
- Graduate Faculty Mentor Award Winners (awarded at Convocation), 2008-2019
- Commencement Photos - McDougal Center gathering & processions Commencement Monday
- 2019 Diploma Ceremony video - on Yale Youtube site
- Professional Photos of GSAS Diploma Ceremony for Purchase - Commencement Photos
If you have question, please feel free to contact the GSAS Commencement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.