Visit the McDougal Center version 2.0
The McDougal Graduate Student Center is at 135 Prospect Street, on the Upper Floor, at the corner of Sachem Street. Find your Graduate School Student Living room & event space:
- Yale Map - Find the McDougal Center on Yale Map.
- At the Heart of Yale graduate education, at the physical Crossroads where social sciences and humanities meet sciences and engineering.
- Across from the Whale (Yale Ice Rink) and your favorite food carts, too!
- On Yale Yale Shuttle Routes- on the Blue, Red and Orange Lines (135 Prospect and 130 Prospect stops)
- Bike- friendly - The McDougal Center is on local bike lanes, and at the Farmington Canal Rail-to-Trail Bikeway. There are plenty of bike racks in the Prospect Street Patio in front of the McDougal Center.
- Close to where grad students live on upper Prospect, Mansfield Street, and East Rock, and a few blocks from downtown.
GSAS students - Access your McDougal Grad Center at any of these entrances:
To Enter the McDougal Center, please have your Yale GSAS student ID ready for prox card access. GSAS students - bring a guest or spouse/partner with you.
- Main Center Entrance off 135 Prospect Street, front Patio - from the Prospect street Patio to large glass entryway. Go up two flights of stairs and use Yale Prox ID to enter McDougal Center at door on right. *accessible elevator entrance - see #2 below.
- Elevator Access - to McDougal Center, enter from the double doors off the 135 Prospect street parking lot. Go right down hall to elevator, then press 1. Tap your Prox ID at the Center entry door.
- 135 Prospect, front stairway - enter at small glass entryway on Prospect Street (near LGBTQ office). Go through second door, then tap Yale GSAS Prox ID at bottom of stairs to enter stairway.
- Caulkins Courtyard Terrace - from Caulkins Courtyard, behind 135 Prospect and Watson Center, go up the left terrace stairs to top level. Use your Yale Prox ID at glass door.
- From Watson Center, 60 Sachem Street - from A level of Watson, head to the West wing facing Prospect street. Use the elevator, or the stairs to enter as above in 1 or 2.
About “Founders Hall”- 135 Prospect Street
Formally named Founders Hall, this handsome brick building honors the founders of the Yale School of Management (SOM) begun in the 1970s, when 135 Prospect was connected to the newly built Watson Center on Sachem Street. Since SOM is no longer located here, we tend to call it “135 Prospect Street.” We also remember the building's long history as a Carriage House, the Prospect Street School, and as the Old Yale Observatory before it was SOM.
Today Founders Hall, 135 Prospect street houses: The McDougal Graduate Student Center, 1st floor; LGBTQ, OGCC, and AODRHI, floor A, ground level; CCE space, B lower level.