The McDougal Center is a Graduate Space AND five collaborating Program Offices serving GSAS Graduate School students and their families. Created in 1997 through a generous gift from the late Alfred McDougal ’53 and his wife Nancy Lauter, its mission extends beyond the Graduate School throughout Yale and New Haven. The McDougal Center is a special place for graduate students and a collection of grad student-focused service offices. The McDougal Center can help you make the most of your life inside and outside of the classroom, library, and lab at Yale.
135 Prospect Street - New Center Location - The McDougal Graduate Student Center is housed in renovated space at 135 Prospect Street (Founders Hall, corner Sachem) near Hillhouse Avenue and at the base of Science Hill. The McDougal Center is your on-campus home base for Graduate School students outside the lab or library. It's your place for many grad activities and services, and hosts most major GSAS community events from Orientation to Commencement.
The McDougal Center Endowment in GSAS supports the Center facilities, and the programs and McDougal Fellows of five collaborating offices to serve graduate students. Each office has professional staff and McDougal Fellows, or graduate student peer leaders, who provide programs and services to serve Graduate School students like you:
- Graduate Student Life (GSL) at the McDougal Center has McDougal Graduate Student Life Fellows who organize fun and useful events and services to meet your needs and interests throughout your time as a graduate studentat Yale. *GSL Fellows & Staff Offices @ McDougal Center.
- Graduate School Office for Graduate Student Development and Diversity (OGSDD) operates collaboratively with departments and programs to proactively recruit and support the needs of diverse students. *Fellows Office @ McDougal Center.
- Office of Career Strategy (OCS), Office of GSAS Graduate Student and Postdoctoral services provides career advice for students in a variety of career fields. *Satellite OCS Office @ McDougal Center.
- Graduate Student Teaching Development, part of the Yale Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) offers teacher training workshops and the certificate of College Teaching Preparation *Office at CTL, 301 York St.
- Graduate Writing Lab, part of the Yale Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) offers individual writing consultations, group workshops and writing retreats. *Office @ CTL, 301 York St.