Fall Events & Resource Reminders for GSAS Students with Children
This Fall you can meet parents and get resources for your Family:
Nov. 9-13 - Meetups with other Grad Parents at Virtual Coffee Breaks time this week signup and get link on Yale Connect here; more 2020-21 McDougal GSL Family Fellow Events posted here in group each month!
Access Bright Horizons Backup Care and/or Crisis Care
Bright Horizons GSAS program website -
Setup your account, register your children or elderly relative
- Use the Website or App to Reserve care (Backup Care) or request reimbursement (Crisis Care) in advance of care use.
Use Office Accord, the Yale Parent Networking site
Connect with other grad families - Join Age Sub-groups on this Yale Connect Group for GSAS Students with Children
- On Group page, navigate to right side menu - find & join Subgroups by your children's age to connect with other grad families with similarly-aged kids
- Subgroup tags are only visible to members of this group - Private to this group
- Email Questions about Backup or Crisis Care
- Email Questions or Ideas for the McDougal GS L Family Fellows
Check out the Yale Babysitting and Tutoring Service to find a Yale student to occasionally care for or tutor your child.
Have a Break, Have a Kid Chat: Coffee Breaks(15 min) for GSAS Parents and Spouses
Take a minute to catch your breath and meet some fellow grad student parents (and expectant parents!) for a quick drop-in zoom coffee break, Monday through Thursday at 11:15 and Mon-Wed-Fri at 3pm. Same Zoom link for all events Connect virtually with fellow parents to chat about the wonders and challenges of having kids in grad school, or something completely unrelated!