One of the great things about Yale is that, while you may leave New Haven and embark on future careers, further studies, and all the other journeys of a long, interesting life, Yale never leaves you. You are – and always will be – a Yalie. And as such, you always have a place with the Association of Yale Alumni.
First, the good news: You don’t need to join. You’re already in. The AYA is for all Yale alumni, working with fellow alumni and striving to create ways for you to connect with your classmates and all who came before you – and all who will come after.
You will hear from us again in the future, but for now, here are a few ways you can stay connected and engaged with Yale and the Yale community.
Groups and Service
- Connect with your local Yale Club to get together and network with alumni locally. Be sure to keep your contact information up to date so your local club can reach out with events of interest.
- Get involved in a shared interest or identity group.
- Participate in or organize a Yale Day of Service event or travel with the Yale Alumni Service Corps to contribute your time and energy to communities in need.
- Stay connected to your Graduate or Professional School.
- One of the best ways to stay connected is to update your contact information. (Your Yale email address expires after one year, though you can get an alumni email address through YaleMail.) To stay connected, please visit yalealumni.yale.edu or click here to email Alumni Records.
- Volunteer to fundraise for your class or school to provide resources and support for generations of students to come.
- Learn more about applying for the Yale MasterCard, which generates support for alumni programs and events.
Interviewing and Mentoring
- Interview Yale applicants (in person or virtually) and become a Yale ambassador.
- Mentor current students through Careers, Life, and Yale. Or get career advice yourself through the Yale Career Network.
- Take part in lifelong learning opportunities through Yale Alumni College and via online resources such as Coursera and iTunesU.
- Take advantage of Yale alumni access to JSTOR to keep those intellectual fires burning.
- Follow @YaleAlumni on Twitter and Instagram, and join the Yale Alumni closed Facebook group.
- Attend a Feb Club event to keep the fun going.
- Yale College alumni: You can plan a class event wherever you will be living this year, and it’s never too soon to think about your fifth reunion – it will be here before you know it. You can also get involved with BOLD (Bulldogs of the Last Decade) – you’re already a member.
- Alumni from Divinity, Forestry, Management, Medicine, and Nursing – you too have on-campus reunions to look forward to.
So whether you’ve graduated from Yale College, completed your master’s degree, or finally defended your PhD, congratulations! And remember, we’re here whenever and however you need us. We’re so happy to have you as part of our Yale alumni family!