Annual McDougal Grad Winter Ball
The Winter Ball Basics
We are pleased to invite all Yale graduate and professional students, postdocs, and their partners and guests to the Annual Winter Ball for a Masquerade-themed night full of desserts, dancing, and fun! It's one of the biggest and best Grad Social nights of the year!
20th Annual McDougal Grad Winter Ball
February 29, 2020, 8:00pm - 1:00am
Tickets On Sale Online Feb 2-27, or until they sell out
GRAND BALLROOM, OMNI NEW HAVEN HOTEL @ YALE, 155 Temple Street
Doors open at 8:00pm
Desserts served from 9:00-10:30pm.
Music and Dancing - DJ from 9:00pm-12:45am.
Ticket sales online Feb. 1-27 only
Buy your Tickets online only, credit or debit card. All sales final, no refunds or exchanges. Ticketholders may transfer a purchased ticket to the name of another G&P student or 21+ guest using your own Eventbrite account.
$20+fee - Early bird ticket - February 2 to February 17 at 11:59pm
$25+fee - Regular ticket - February 18 12:01am to February 27 at 11:59pm, or until they sell out beforehand. Tickets are limited!
- Limited number of online Ticket sales may be available on Saturday February 29 on site, or until we reach capacity.
All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges.
*To be admitted to the Winter Ball, all ticketholders must be 21 or older with valid government photo ID showing proof of age. You must present actual physical IDs only (not photos on your phone) to security. Yale GSAS and professional school students and postdocs may bring spouses, partners, friends, and other guests, providing all are 21+.
What's included in your Ticket
Your Winter Ball ticket includes
- A fabulous dessert reception, 9-10:30pm
- DJ Dawei and dancing
- Photo backdrop area for fun selfies with friends (and maybe the GSAS Dean!)
- One specialty alcoholic drink or soft drink included in each ticket
- Cash bars in the Ballroom (ATM downstairs in hotel lobby). Outside or personal alcohol is not permitted at the Omni Hotel
- Free chilled water all night
You must print your ticket and present it for admission. No one will be admitted without a ticket and a 21+ Photo ID.
Dress to feel Fabulous at the Winter Ball!
Dressy, cocktail, or evening attire is suggested but not required, and national dress and/or military uniforms are also welcome!
- You do NOT have to rent a tux or wear a gown, but if you've got it, flaunt it! National dress costumes - sari, hanbok, kilt - always welcome.
Please bring cash for the cash bar- actual US BILLS. ATM in hotel lobby.
- One drink ticket included in your admission per person, good for 1 specialty cocktail or soft drink at the bar.
- $6 Specialty Ball Cocktails available @ Cash Bars all night
- Full cash bars with beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks on sale
- Free chilled water will be available all night (keep hydrated!)
- An ATM is located downstairs in the Omni Lobby, but bring cash in advance.
Important: It is the Omni's policy to purchase drink tickets from the cashier instead of purchasing directly from the bartender. Please visit the cashiers first; they are stationed next to the bar.
Our DJ Dawei will get us dancing into the night! The tunes will be modern dance music – while this is the Winter Ball, ballroom dancing skills are not required!
We know it's a cold winter – a coat check is available on-site on the same floor as the Grand Ballroom. Or you can leave your coat in the trunk of your car if parking in the Omni Hotel Garage.