Grad Teaching - Serving as a Teaching Fellow (TF) is a requirement of many Yale Ph.D. degree programs.
The Teaching Fellow System for Staff and Faculty
The Teaching Fellow System (TFS2) is the online tool that supports FAS departments and programs and some professional schools as they appoint teaching assistants to their courses and determine the level and type of each assignment.
TFS2 records all teaching assignments for Ph.D. students and provides timely information through embedded rules and validations.
TFS enables registrars and other administrative staff to:
- Allocate Teaching Fellow (TF) and Part-Time Acting Instructor (PTAI) positions
- Assign students to these positions
- Process appointment letters
- Send payment information via Graduate Student Payroll System (GSPS) for graduate students, and via Payroll for professional school students
- Make revisions to allocations and appointments
- Collect information both for student evaluation of teaching assistants and for GSAS students’ transcripts.
Problems? Questions? Concerns?
If you have any questions or issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 203-432-2757.