International Student Resources

If you are an international student, welcome! You're in good company: about half of our students at the Graduate School come from outside of the United States. There is an array of programs and resources available to you as you get settled in the US and at the university.

Student scene Commons

See below for some of the offices and programs that are here to help you navigate life in the US and New Haven.

Offices and Programs Supporting International Students

International Tax Office

The International Tax Office supports international students and scholars with guidance on filing federal taxes. You can find information on how to register and make an appointment on their website.

English Language Program (ELP)

The English Language Program (ELP), offered through the Center for Language Study (CLS), provides English language support to meet the needs of international students whose first language is not English. The ELP offers non-credit English courses in academic speaking, writing, presentation, and vocabulary during the academic year, as well as a Summer Academic Language Program for selected incoming PhD students.

Office of International Affairs (OIA)

The Office of International Affairs supports all international activities and initiatives at the university. It promotes Yale and its faculty to international audiences and increases the visibility of Yale’s international activities around the globe and also maintains helpful resources for students and scholars traveling internationally.

International Spouses and Partners at Yale (ISPY)

ISPY is a community of spouses and partners of international students and scholars at Yale. Meet other spouses and partners, and learn more about the opportunities and resources available to you at Yale and in New Haven.