Registration in Absentia

You must use this registration status if you are a PhD student who will be living outside the New Haven area in order to conduct full-time dissertation research, full-time field work, or full-time study at another academic institution. 

The form for requesting registration in absentia should be filed with your director of graduate studies at least one month before the beginning of the term in which you expect to be away from New Haven.

Contact us